Monday 22 July 2019

Green Woodpecker feeding fledgling


I revisited St Erth river valley with Martin Yelland again this morning,  Last time we had some success with Greater Spotted Woodpeckers with chicks in the nest and today was to be the time for Green Woodpeckers feeding their fledgling in the treetops.

The  'Greens'  could be seen and heard all around but it was a four hour wait before I got this opportunity to capture the adult feeding the Fledgling.

The adult flew into a tree near to the hedgerow where I was ' hunkered in ' and the real bonus came as the fledgling followed on behind and it was immediately begging to be fed.













My thanks once again to Martin Yellend for giving me the nod relating to the Woodpeckers and to Bill & Jenny for allowing me access to photogragh them !

No comments:

Post a Comment