Monday 8 July 2019

Tregeseal Pool



This blog starts with a shot of the peace and tranquil nature of this approximately one acre pool on a quiet summer morning a couple of days ago,

My wife and I had spent the morning photographing the pools abundant species of dragonflies several of which are posted below.

Broad bodied Chaser



Four Spot Chaser



Red Veined Darter

Mating Red Veined Darters



Everything changed when a few hours later a transit and trailer arrived with a group of twenty four children and teachers and a dozen kayaks and body boards intent on turning the pool into a water park


On the day this small pool with its moorhen's and chicks,  A pair of Canada geese,  Egg laying Dragonflies and visiting birds was about to be invaded in the name of outdoor education. Bad Move !

I am all in favour of outdoor eduction for kids But this is totally the wrong location to conduct it!

I expressed my views and concerns to the Man in charge of this group who informed me that they had full permission to use it.

We left at this point before the ' Mayhem '  began.

No comments:

Post a Comment