Friday 30 March 2018

Buzzards on the South Coast



It was a lovely morning on the south coast of Cornwall and I was out on the coast at first light to avoid the madding crowds of Easter tourists.

I was watching a pair of known Buzzards soaring effortlessly over the cliff updraughts when one of them suddenly pealed off and swooped dramatically down to a stash point quite close to me.

I could see the bird rummaging around in the stash and as I waited it emerged with the back end of a young rabbit in its talons.

It went up into a tree even closer to me to eat it but was possible a little disturbed by my single shutter activation's and moved onto a cliff ledge a little further away to finish her meal.

On leaving the cliff she quickly and gracefully used the updraughts to circle back up to join her mate still soaring above the coastline leaving me smiling as I went home to edit my efforts on this very pleasant encounter.






No comments:

Post a Comment