Monday 19 March 2018

Cornish Snow Scenics


Our second bout of snow this march continued until around eight AM this morning and then started to turn towards a rapid thaw so I headed for the high heath land post haste to capture a few snow scenes before it all disappeared.  On route to Men An Tol I passed Lanyon Quiot which produced some nice black and white contrast against the snow and a brightening sky,




The snow covered track up to Men An Tol from Lanyon looked different with a dusting of drifting snow and I just caught the last snow of the melt on a south facing corragated tin roof that was warmed by the returning sunshine,  The Icicles grew quickly and then were all gone within minutes of me taking a few shots




At  Men An Tol the Easterly wind had blasted just the easterly faces of the sign post and the surfaces of the ancient stones with snow to create a very nice photographic feature in particlar around the central circular holed stone which looked akin to a very large Iced Doughtnut Ring!!.



The Bright sunshine enhanced the white world around these stones and I just had to do a selfie through the holed stone before leaving,

I picked off a few shots of the ruins of Coronation farm with its amazing stone walls and also the old Lanyon school house chimney on my way back to the car and by the time I got back to the lower ground around Penzance the snow was already gone so until the next time its back on the case with the local wildlife,




No comments:

Post a Comment