Sunday 18 March 2018

Mating Kestrel

I worked the south coast from Porthleven to Rinsey early AM this morning looking for Peregrine and Adders before our forecast of snow arrived in west Cornwall,  No joy with either but I did catch sight of a male Kestrel with prey which it took into a cliff ledge at Trewavas head and was joined immediately by a female that took the prey and moved a few metres away to consume it,   The male moved closer up the cliff face towards me and settled down and a few minutes later the female flew up to a pinnacle even closer to me and called the male to mate  The male responded as soon as the female called and I captured the whole sequence and eighty nine sharp images in the prevailing good light levels,   Happy Days !!!















Its 1.30 PM and the snow is coming down quite heavily at the moment so out and about activities might be a bit curtailed tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment