Thursday 29 March 2018

Little Egret Study




When I arrived at Ryan's Field on the Hayle estuary this morning I could see the above distant Little Egret resting up in the reed beds close to the river bank to the left hand side of the hide.

There was nothing special about that but the intermittent bright sunshine on the fields behind the river was throwing its reflection across the shaded water where the bird was resting to create this green water effect while leaving the egrets own reflection unaffected,

I decided to exit the hide and moved slowly along the river to see what else I could achieve with this bird which as I did so moved out across an adjacent pond to fish,

 I  followed it for around twenty minutes picking off shots of its fishing technique and reflections as I inched closer until with several Three Spin Sticklebacks dispatched it returned to the river bank to rest up again.


















No comments:

Post a Comment