Thursday 30 May 2019

Doe Roe Deer Encounter







A doe Roe Deer emerges from the cover of the flower speckled reed beds out on the moor.

I am unfortunately up-wind of her and with her nose in the air she immediately picks up my scent.

I stayed down out of her sight and with no visual danger she settles down again and eventually even starts to move into a more favoured position in relation to the wind and much closer to me.

She eventually comes to close for me to remain undetected,  She picks up on the sound of my single shutter actions coming from my hidden position, She looks up in my direction, turns and then heads off back into the same cover that she came from but not without leaving me with a nice record of this encounter












This was a lovely encounter with a very sensitive animal which responded to her sense of sound and smell to stay out of trouble without even seeing me at any time !

No comments:

Post a Comment