Saturday 4 May 2019

Pair of Kestrel




Back on the 10th April my blog was focused on a female Kestrel on the north coast of Cornwall that was still waiting for her mate to return to their nest site of the last couple of years.

I'm pleased to say that in the image above the wanderer has returned and was hovering close to their nest site when I returned there today.

This bird has been named locally as ' Broken tail ' for obvious reasons that make him easy to identify.

The female kestrel in the next four images below is and always was incredible tolerant of passing coastal path walkers and photographers alike and seems to pose willingly at reasonable close quarters but Broken Tail by contrast is camera shy and only settles down at the nest site when everything is quiet










In the last shot above Broken Tail  finally condescended to allow me a a couple of portrait images before I left !

No comments:

Post a Comment