Friday 10 May 2019

Out and About !



Yesterday I ventured out to Carnmenellis following CBWPS reports of Red Deer sightings in the area recently

Red Deer are not easy to come by down here in Cornwall to the extent that I have personally only had two worthy encounters in ten years.

Well I did eventually see and photograph four Red Deer that were browsing the treeline up on the high ground around 800m away,  I took a few images using a lens with a reach of 1275mm but it was hardly what you might call an encounter but I was pleased to see them and watch this space for a more informed visit again in the near future.


Moving from distant sightings to an in your face one was this cute little ' Larry the lamb'  as he came running up to me as I passed through one of the local fields,  I soon realised that he was looking for some fuss and attention that I was happy to provide but not before taking a couple of images




I called in at Stithians Reservior southern cut-off before leaving the area and was treated to a swim-by from a proud pair of Canada geese and their five recently hatched Goslings

For a closer look at some Deer I called in at one of my local moors on the way home and eventually managed to take a few difficult to focus doe Roe Deer images in the ever-moving wind driven reed beds


My thanks go to Simon and his wife for providing me with heaps of useful info on the Carnmenellis area and for allowing me access onto their farm

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan
    The lamb you photographed is Tarquin. He was rejected by his mum at birth and we have raised him by bottle feeding which is why he is so tame. He lived in our house with the dogs the first week of his life but is now enjoying being a lamb!

    ReplyDelete