Saturday 23 March 2019

New Roe Deer Sightings



Following a tip-off from a fellow wildlife photographer yesterday,  this morning I made an early first visit  to a new location looking for Roe Deer.

I was not to be disappointed as I saw my first deer, a young buck with velvet antlers within about fifteen minutes.

The young male was soon joined by a female and the pair welcomed each other like old friends.

The male slipped away after a while but the female hung around feeding and cleaning and I clicked quietly away from the hedgerow working at about thirty meters from her under cover,

I think she could hear my single shutter actions as she looked directly towards me on several occasions but she still held her ground and eventually hunkered down in the long grasses to relax.

Two hours in I now took this opportunity to move away and was very pleased with both my first visit and my field skills at leaving these fine animals undisturbed while taking around two hundred images.



















My thanks and appreciation go to Martin Yelland for giving me the nod on this sighting !

No comments:

Post a Comment