Thursday 28 March 2019

South coast Ravens



With superb wall to wall sunshine over the last couple of days I spent yesterday afternoon on the coast at Trewavas head.

I watched the close bond between a pair of ravens and it soon became obvious that they were nesting a little further along the cliffs in sight of the meandering high coastal footpath.

Through my telephoto lens I could just make out four little red heads bobbing about in a nest lined with sheep's wool.

I managed to catch a few shots of the ravens visiting the nest which was in dark shadow from the afternoon sun but eventually decided to return AM today to catch the rising sun lighting the nest







Another super day and Early AM saw me back at Trewavas head at sunrise and this time the rays of sun penetrated right into the nest.

The four Chic's in the nest were only a couple of days old and just beginning to open their eyes but all had already learnt that opening that big red gaping mouth was the key to being fed.








The larger Male Raven seemed to be an infrequent visitor to the nest preferring to hand over prey and food items to the female at a nearby perch point.

No comments:

Post a Comment