Thursday 16 March 2017

Cornish Kestrels part 12

It was a nice calm day on the south coast cliffs today and this afternoon pictures of Kate around the nest site were abundant and posted below.  Kevin the male seems far more difficult than in previous years to the extent that I believe that my presence and distance though acceptable to Kate seems to be causing him some concern and I missed at least one prey hand-over this afternoon due to him abandoning the exercise.  It seems that it is time for a change in field skills by increasing my working distance and using remote shutter control on a single pre-focused favourable prey hand -over location which can be tricky and frustrating when the action happens perhaps as little as a foot out of frame,






So I will give it a try tomorrow and  lets hope we can post more images of Kevin in the Next blog or two !

No comments:

Post a Comment