Friday 3 March 2017

Kennell vale Dipper

I was shown around the Kennell Vale Reserve today 'Thanks to Bob Sharples'  What an amazing Cornish valley with countless ruins of old gunpowder mills and the rocky tumbling river that used to power them'  The scenery would keep a landscape photographer busy all day.



The fast moving rocky river is also home to an incredible bird  'The Dipper' that has always avoided my attention since I moved to Cornwall. But not today !  Having walked around the reserve we ended up on the quaint old granite bridge that crosses the river and there amid rounded boulders and crashing water were a pair of Dipper that accepted our presence for around fifteen minutes while they collected moss and other nesting materials from the river, They also provided me with around fifty images on my memory card three of which are posted below.














No comments:

Post a Comment