Saturday 11 March 2017

Newtown Lane Longrock

Misty weather again today and I was stuck on the computer until 3pm checking out a few ongoing projects,  When I did escape the computer I was not prepared to go far as the mist was still rolling through so I just went west down the A394 from Rosudgeon and parked just round the corner from Longrock roundabout in Newtown Lane,


As I walked towards Longrock Pool my first subject posted above and below were a pair of rough coated doe Roe deer which I recognised as a mother with last years kid, They may be looking rough at the moment but I am always pleased to see them and they blend into the hedgerow so well that they go unnoticed by most passers-bye,
An hour or so later I moved on up towards Longrock pool in brighter weather when a pair of Grey Heron on a nest on the Marazion marsh side of the road caught my eye through a viewing gap in the hedgerow, I watched these birds performing several graceful courtship displays until one of the birds finally departed but not before leaving me with several interesting images two of which are posted below



Moving on up to longrock pool I could hear the unmistakable sound of a couple of Cetti's Warblers  chasing around within a group of budding Pussy Willow trees and I spent the next testing hour trying to achieve a few portrait shots the best of which is a possible Siberian Chiffchaff  posted below.



Three hours after arriving in Newtown lane I walked back to my car a happy chappy but it was now time to get back to that dreaded Computer to download and record today's images.

No comments:

Post a Comment