Sunday 9 April 2017

Cornish Kestrel part 17

Male Kestrel with prey

The bright sunshine continued on through yesterday so having returned home for breakfast after my early morning trip to the kestrels and a chat about the ongoing day with my wife Heather we both decided to return during the afternoon.   It was only around ten minutes after are arrival that the male kestrel flew in with a writhing common lizard in one of its talons which he duly passed over to the female on the nest


I was pleased to capture this flight image below as he immediately departed the nest

He flew onto a nearby ledge perhaps checking me out and I could see that he had sustained a little wing feather damage probably while catching the lizard but in general all is looking good for a nice brood of fledglings again this year,

No comments:

Post a Comment