Tuesday 5 December 2017

A Mix of new and old subjects

Today was a mixture of new and old subjects at Stithians southern cut-off Hide, I did some flight and reflection shots on the local pair of Magpie but in the end I used a perched image from one of their rare visits onto the feeder frames,  One of the old favourite a Grey Heron showed good reflections as it fished in front of the hide,  A bold little chiffchaff came within and pasted the minimum focal distance of my lens at 3.5m and I tried for flight shots on the regular squadron of Long-tailed Tits,  Later in the morning I moved closer to home at Marazion marsh and was surprised to see a guy that had no concept of the reserve or its sign posts as he was walking along the waterline of the Rabbit warren 50m inside the reserve sending birds scattering in all directions,  When challenged he just said ' Look at all the birds flying' and walked off along the causeway presumable  Brain Dead !!   Well I did look at all the birds flying and took a few images of a tight flight formation of around a hundred teal catching about thirty of them within my 500mm lens field of view before they all finally settled down again.  Its an ill wind that brings no man good.








No comments:

Post a Comment