Wednesday 20 December 2017

Peregrine Falcon Portraits

The pair of Peregrine at Trewavas Head have a host of favoured perch points along this lovely rugged section of the Cornish coastline.  Trekking along the coast path from Rinsey or Porthleven with weighty camera kit suitable to record their behaviour can be a bit of a gamble,  Well today I got lucky on two counts,  First off,  The ringed female was showing a lot closer than normal on one ridge close to the footpaths which were seasonally quiet, and secondly I was boldly walking down to this location while looking farther out for birds and had not seen her so close, On doing so I literally went into reverse and backed away with the bird watching me until I was in the cover of a granite outcrop at a distance of around 30m.

 I settled down, assembled my kit and started to record the bird's behaviour, She sat staring directly at me for the first few minutes eventually deciding I was not a threat and she had seen me on the cliffs many times before,  She was now preening, interchanging which leg she stood on while lifting the other and withdrawing it inside her plumage for warmth,  This went on for thirty minutes or so during which time I took sixty plus selective single images,  She started to look a bit restless, raised her tail and pooped and I quickly set for rapid multi-shots just in time to catch her take-off recording just four flight shots before she was gone.

I was pleased with the images posted below and decided to produce another sequence montage of the Take-off images which I felt came together quite well,  Happy Days !!








No comments:

Post a Comment