Thursday 7 December 2017

Millpool Squirrel and Pheasant

I tried my luck with the Millpool Kingfisher pm today,  No joy but as I was waiting a feisty little grey Squirrel arrived in a close Sycamore tree and began foraging on its seed heads,  It was interesting to watch its behaviour for then it had filled its cheeks with seed heads it descended the tree and buried the seeds within long grasses at the base of the tree and was straight back up for some more gradually moving outwards onto very thin branches as the nearer seeds were exhausted,  I looked at my camera on its tripod that was locked onto a vacant kingfisher post and swung it into action on the Squirrel that kept me busy for a very pleasant half an hour or so







As I walked back towards the main road where my car was parked I first heard and the saw a noisy Gaggle of four Male Pheasant fly into the field that I was passing, They landed on the far hedgerow which was a bit of a stretch for my lens but one of them split from the group and moved closer to me while foraging within the field stubble  and to complete the show the sun came out for the first time this week,  Excellent !




No comments:

Post a Comment