Monday 6 February 2017

Avocet at Ryan's field

I had a call from Peter Tonkin  at the hide this morning stating that the Avocet at Ryan's field which has been giving local Photographer the run around on the estuary or staying out as far as possible from general access points at Ryan's field had moved in closer to the causeway giving a better opportunity,  Within twenty minutes I had it in my viewfinder from the causeway, The conditions were grey, wet and windy but I figured that a black and white bird created its own contrast in any condition and carried on until the bird treated me to a take-off back to the middle of the lagoon again,




I walked back to the hide to thank Peter for giving me the nod on the sighting and as we were looking at a few of my images on the camera monitor I caught what tends to be a rare glimpse of the resident Water Rail running along the water margin,  We both swung into action but expecting a running shot I missed the action but Peter had seen it take off and took a few cracking close flight shots,  It might have been a grey, wet and windy morning but we both went home happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment